BluePumaBlues

It's what I think. It's what I feel. It's about stuff. I write, you read.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

RockStar: Supernova Aug. 15, 2006

8 Rockers left. 8 Rockers hung over after partying hardy in Los Vegas. An unplugged show with the string section. An interesting night....

Zayra went first but I'm saving my comments on her for last So....

Magni: "Starman" by David Bowie. Magni continues to impress. His vocals are spot on. I could see him fronting this band.

Patrice: " Message in the Bottle" by The Police. Will somebody call a cop? Ok when they kick Patrice out they should drive a 1993 Chryslar mini van onto the stage and give her an appropriate send off. Just bad tonight....

Lukas: "Hero" by Chad Kroeger Jason Newstead is wrong, wrong , wrong. I thought Lukas nailed this song and showed great vocal range. It could wind up that Lukas is in SuperNova and Jason ISN'T.....

Storm: "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor Storm's worse performance on the show and she knew it. She looked like she was still drunk from Los Vegas. Stormy doesn't need Supernova as her band, Storm and the Balls, has reaped tons of publicity from the show.

Toby: "Solsbury Hill" by Peter Gabeiel Toby had to run naked around the pool at the mansion to get this song and he did a great job with it. Gilby played guitar and it didn't faze Toby at all.

Ryan "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins. He did great on the vocals, I dunno, there is just something about Ryan that I don't like.

Dilana "Cats In The Cradle" by Harry Chapin OK she brought her usual flair and vocal prowess to this song. But, come on SuperNova guys, she botched a line in the song and you didn't call her on it. Be Fair. She was great, but not perfect this time....

and that leaves us with Zayra who did an original song called 'Lluvia de Mar'. First point is that hands down this was her best performance on the show. But why it was her best performance brings me to point two which is that she is playing SuperNova. Zayra is a smart cookie. She knows her time is limited on the show, that she has zero chance of winning. So she fought with Ryan (her comment "I HAD to do my song" was very telling)to get the original song. So she does a song in Spanish, which played to all of her strengths. She is promoting herself through the show as a Latin singer. Now I have to imagine that the demographic of SuperNova will be a balding 35 year old white guy with a beer gut. Zayra knows this and is using her remaining time to launch herself as a Latin star. And I say Good Luck to her.....

Prediction time:

Encore: Tough call. I'd go with Ryan, but he just had the encore two weeks ago, so I'll say Dilana.

Bottom Three: Patrice for sure
Storm should be but she has a large voting block
Zayra actually doesn't deserve it this week but may wind up there anyway.
and I'll also take Ryan as a back up.

Bye Bye: Patrice......

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 1:57:00 PM, Blogger LA said…

    It could wind up that Lukas is in SuperNova and Jason ISN'T.....

    I totally agree with this. I'm hearing rumors that Gilby and Tommy want to dump Jason. He's such a freaking dork!

    Yeah, Patrice was weak last night, she's gotta be next. Another double elimination would be good (Patrice and Z).

    You're right, Zayra sounded her best last night, but it also proved unequivocally that she's all kinds of wrong for this show. She should depart and take her boyfriend, Jason Newsted, with her. He would follow her to the ends of the earth.

     
  • At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 1:58:00 PM, Blogger LA said…

    p.s. They were SUPER HARSH on Storm! If Dilana had done it the exact same way, no matter what, they would have praised it to the hills. Dilana has a free pass and can do no wrong. Is she related to Mark Burnett or something?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home