BluePumaBlues

It's what I think. It's what I feel. It's about stuff. I write, you read.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Floyd Landis: Please Wait and See......

Wow. I had my heart ripped out, got punched in the gut, and had my legs chopped out from under me all from one quick item in the morning sports update. It seems that Floyd Landis, the winner of Le Tour de France, tested positive for using testosterone. Floyd had been a very strong inspiration to me in the last couple of weeks. We have been moving out of an apartment that we lived in for 16 years and there was an awful amount of work to be done, in the summer heat no less. I looked to Floyd and the other men of Le Tour for strength and the never say die attitude that I need to get the job done. But now was it all a lie? Are there no happy endings, no faerie tales. Well I say let's wait and hear the ENTIRE story. Cause something smells real bad about this and it ain't Floyd's bike shorts.

1) Are there any athletes in another sport that undergo more drug testing than the bikers in Le Tour? Why would any rider even tempt fate, knowing he would be tested? And why with a drug that is detected with a simple blood test like testosterone. Hell, I have had my levels checked. If you go to the doctor and complain of fatigue and muscle pain that is one of the tests the doctor should order. Synthetic testosterone is available at your local pharmacy with a prescription. With all the designer and so called undetectable steroids out there why would a rider mess with testosterone in the first place. If Floyd did this I would put akin to Barry Bonds standing on top of the dugout injecting himself in front of the crowd.

2) If it was in his system, was he aware of it? Could Floyd have been slipped a 'mickey'? Riders know not to take food or water from the crowd, but when Floyd bonked on stage 16 could he have slipped and taken say a water bottle from the crowd? Perhaps. It is no big secrete the France did not want to see another American win Le Tour.

3) Can we trust the test? Lance Armstrong has been accused on numerous occasions of doping or taking steroids, but nothing has ever stood up to close scrutiny. I feel that Floyd will be vindicated.

Well time will tell and we shouldn't rush to judgment. I think the real story will come out and Floyd will remain the champ......

10 Comments:

  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 2:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My name is also Floyd and I am also of Eastern Pennsylvania German descent. My natural testosterone levels are also naturally high. My beard starts growing back before I finish shaving. I noticed Floyd Landis is pretty hairy in the same way. Jsut because the French have no natural testosterone of their own... well, it does seem like a French plot.

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 2:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree. Something doesn't smell fishy here, it smells more like frogs legs and sour grapes.

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 3:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remember, he is not only Eastern Pennsylvania German descent, he is was also raised a Mennonite. Drugs - you have GOT to be kidding me.

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 5:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    isn't it a little paraniod to think the french are developing some hughe scam so that no american can win. anyways people do desprite things sometiems its very possible he puposefully took the drugs and him being a mennonite probably didn't even know that the drug he took sucked. also the whole slippiung him something idea is very plausable.

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 6:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    IT'S GEORGE BUSH'S FAULT

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 6:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Innocent until proven guilty doesn't exist in the court of public opinion. Let the facts come out and then punish (if necessary.) They should not even post doping test results until all tests, retests, appeals, and investigation are complete. Even when he is found innocent (and I do believe that he will be), his name and achievement have been tarnished.

     
  • At Sunday, July 30, 2006 2:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First, I just want to say that I believe that Floyd is innocent. Being Mennonite plays a part- he learned early on that hard work, determination, and believing in what you do pays off. However, being Mennonited in no way percludes one from using drugs. A few years back I remember an Amish group of teen that had a heroin ring going in Mt. Gretna- not more than 30 miles from where Floyd grew up. But I believe in Floyd an his innocence. He is a truely amazing person. Plus the evedence just doesn't make sense- 4 tests before, 2 after and this is the only suspicious sample? With one of the samples less than 48 hours before and one less than 48 hours after? Something ain't right. Plus, this ratio test is subject to multiple problems. It tends to be less reliable than standard drug tests that can have up to a 30% false positive rate depending upon lab used. And isn't it also strange that THE ONLY suspicious result out of hundreds of samples was Floyd's? What do I think? LAB ERROR!!!!!

     
  • At Monday, July 31, 2006 3:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you read the press notes closely, their is NO name to the positive test tube that they allegedly assumed Floyd's tube. The only reason this is making big news is because they only want to see somebody fall. It dissapointing, but the reality. When Lance was proven positive, I didn't hear when the UCI said that they were wrong in accusing him of doping. It's nothing but a show, and don't get blown up about this. Respect the fact that he has won one of the most challenging events in sports. Hope this eases your mind a little bit

     
  • At Monday, July 31, 2006 7:40:00 PM, Blogger eddie said…

    Thanks to everyone for the comments. Wow, I never had a response like this before. We will see what happens, still waiting......

    e

     
  • At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 3:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home