BluePumaBlues

It's what I think. It's what I feel. It's about stuff. I write, you read.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

RockStar:SuperNova Sept. 6, 2006

The Elimination Show.

First up tonight was the lads from SuperNova taking the stage with Magni to sing a brand new song called "It's All Love". The Ice Man did a fine job and now that everyone has had a chance to sing with band (more on that later) I'm going to rank, IMHO of course, on how the Rockers fared with SuperNova. To my mind I've broken the four performances into two distinct groups. Those who have it, with Toby getting a slight nod over Magni, and those who don't, Dilana and Lukas. I could see Toby fronting SuperNova. I could see Magni fronting SuperNova. I cannot see Lukas as the front man and I can no longer see Dilana fronting the band either. But what do I know?

Next up was the encore and as I predicted Toby got the nod with "Throw It Away". He gave some respect to the late Steve Irwin and then he tore it up just like last night. Toby also got a new Honda for his efforts. Hey, didn't they give away three cars last season?

And now the bottom three. All five Rockers hit the bottom three at some point during the voting. Magni and Toby got to sit down leaving:

Storm: "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. One of the highlites of RockStar last year was when Marty Casey did this song. I was crying. Tonight Storm's version got Jason to weeping. Hey, it's just that kind of a song. Storm brought out a softer gentler side and really nailed it.

Dilana: "I Want You To Want Me' by Cheap Trick. She really punked this out, but at times her performance reminded me of Zayra. It was like she was begging the lads and the audience. Of course Dilana still has some credit left at the old bank.....

Lukas: "HeadSpin" by Lukas Rossi. It was a good move to pull out his original song from last night. (T.G. he didn't do anymore Bon Jovi!). To me Lukas' enunciation of the lyrics is becoming problematic for me. What him say?........

In the end Tommy Lee couldn't bring himself to drop the TommyHawk and he gave the honor to Jason, whom no one likes anyway. This was by far the toughest choice of the series, but having said that I must say WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???!!!! Jason dropped the TommyHawk on Storm Large. A true shocker. IMHO putting aside all the drama at the mansion, I feel that Dilana's performances have been on a steady decline and she has been resting on her laurels for a little too long. Yes, she tore her calf muscle and it's very gutsy that she gets up on stage. However this decline started before her accident. I felt it was her time to go, and I would have relished the chance to see Stormy perform at least one song with SuperNova. Could Stormy or even Dilana have won? I think that right now it's between Toby And Magni. I'll give the nod of the bobblehead to Toby, but keep in mind I picked Marty last year. Good Luck to all....

My Top Three going into the final week:

3)Lukas

2)Magni

1)Toby (best original song, best performance with SuperNova, that's tough mate!)

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:03:00 AM, Blogger LA said…

    When they gave Dilana that tongue bath, I knew it didn't look good for Storm.

    I think that was an error in strategy. At this point, Storm has way more fans than Dilana.

    I want Toby, but I think SN/MBP is going to pick Lukas next week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home