BluePumaBlues

It's what I think. It's what I feel. It's about stuff. I write, you read.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

RockStar:SuperNova Aug. 30, 2006

The Elimination Show:

First up tonight was Lukas singing with SuperNova on a new song called (according to Jason) "It's On". Out of the three SuperNova performances I must say that so far I like Toby's the best. I can't put my finger on it, but somehow I just can't see Lukas fronting this band. I really think it should be Magni's turn next week....

Toby got the encore tonight with "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol It was a very energetic performance as Toby ran all over the theater. A little over the top, but hey, it was an encore, no worries mate.

5 out of the six remaining Rockers were told to stand, leaving Magni as the only Rocker assured of moving on to next week. Ryan, Storm, Lukas, Toby and Dilana were all at the bottom of the voting at some point last night. And the bottom three were...

Ryan: "Baba O'Reilly" by The Who. He sang it great but here has been the thing with Ryan. He gets way too theatrical in his performance. He's over here, no he's over there, he's on top of the speaker, he's on top of the piano and so on. And a big no no to Jason and Gilby, Ryan got his mic cord tangled up with the House Band bass player.

Storm: "Helter Skelter" by the Beatles. Stormy has been dying to be in the bottom three. I had thought that she wanted to do an original song by her band, Storm and the Balls. Instead, she delivered perhaps her best performance with this Beatles classic. Very punk , high energy, and great vocals. I loved the body surfing at the end.....

Dilana: "Psycho Killer" by the Talking Heads. Uh, bad joke D. After all that has gone before, wouldn't it have been better to leave everything in the past and move on instead of putting all out front. Besides, IMHO, the only person who can pull this song off in the first place is the Talking Heads' David Byrne. Not Dilana's best performance by any stretch of the imagination. What saved her, and Gilby said it, was all the credit she had built up on earlier shows....

Much to the consternation of the screaming young girls in the audience, the TommyHawk fell on Ryan. Coming to a small Manhattan night club soon..........
I think he will land on his feet, but the record charts...I dunno.....


MY top three:

3) Dilana Falls another notch. Didn't like tonight's song.

2)Toby G'Day Mate The Thunder from downunder seems to be the best front man..so far


1)Magni The Ice Man is the People's choice this week. And mine..............

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 12:54:00 AM, Blogger LA said…

    Dilana phoned it in tonight. Toby's my #1 man, and his momentum continues to build. I was really happy for Magni tonight that he didn't have to stand. WTG, Magni!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home