BluePumaBlues

It's what I think. It's what I feel. It's about stuff. I write, you read.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

RockStar:SuperNova Aug.22, 2006

Tonight we met a new and possibly the best judge on the show, Chopper the dog. He judged things for what they were, not how they were dressed or undressed. Anyway, we had two original songs and Dilana running "nekkid" (as Jason would say)around the pool to get her song from Toby, who didn't want it in the first place. So here we go, yet again:

Patrice: She did one of the original songs, called "beautiful Things" I thought the music and the lyrics were good, her vocals could have brought more justice to the song.

Magni: "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. The Ice Man sold the song with strong vocals. However, from back in my clubbing days I tend to associate this song,at certain times, with a little pogoing and a little moshing. I guess Magni could have been a little more frantic for my taste......

Ryan: The second original called "Back of Your Car". Last week I was considering whether to aim my poison pen at Ryan, well that's off the table. I can only compare his song and come from behind deal to one thing, J.D. Fortune, who won RockStar: Inxs last year. The song was strong, I liked the lyrics and the performance.

Storm: "Crazy" by Aerosmith. Ah dear sweet Stormy, where do I begin? If Brooke Burke didn't tell us what song you were doing, I think I would have had to wait until the chorus to figure it out. And the cat fight with Dave Navarro? I think that was a little bit of a test, that you may have failed. SuperNova is made up of men with the mentality and hormones of a 13 year old boy. Should it happens that you win Storm, expect to be teased unmercifully by the lads. Being called Honey or Babe would be the least of it.....

Dilana: "Every Breath You Take" by the Police. OK Dilana dips further into the can't do no wrong zone. The performance was fine and I understand she did the song for her mum but I had a little problem. Remember what she did to "Ring of Fire" ? She made the song her own. I was expecting no less on "Every Breath" and all I got was a straight laced version. And Damn Girl, didn't those eyelash things hurt? Streaking around the pool will get you every where with the lads (see above).....

Toby: "Layla" by Derek and the Dominoes. I have noticed that Toby tends to start off slow, like it usually takes him the first verse of the song to really get into it. He did a new arrangement for the song, which I didn't like at first, but then he kicked it into high gear...Wow a kind of punkish version of a classic rock song. Very cool....

Lukas: "All These Things That I Have Done" by the Killers. And what things were you doing before the show Lukas? It seemed to involve some kind of smoking material and it seemed to me that you were running out of breath at the end of the verses. I just didn't feel this song the way I should have, but Lukas has a smaller version of the can't do no wrong zone, so the lads seemed to really like it. I did not....

Prediction time:

Encore: It would be hard not to give it to Ryan, but it would be his third one and second in a row. So maybe Toby?

Singing with SuperNova: Lukas

Bottom three:

Patrice

Storm

Lukas

Bye Bye: Patrice

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home