BluePumaBlues

It's what I think. It's what I feel. It's about stuff. I write, you read.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Daytona 500

So what is it, that stirs my blood? Why, do I still watch, year after year, what is in fact cars going around in circles? Indeed, I even watch after the sanctioning body has reduced the cars to generic look a likes with no personality, and the drivers to nothing more than corporate shills with even less personality. So why do I still watch. Why?

Tony Stewart

Yes I know Tony will be vilified for his run in with Matt Kenseth. And his comments, both post race and last week after the shootout. But damn......the boy can DRIVE. Example, early in the race at over 180 miles per hour the car got sideways, very sideways. And Tony saved it. He later took a damaged car from the back of the pack to the front more than once. He is color in the grey world that Nascar has become. He is not a safe commodity. And he should never change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home