BluePumaBlues

It's what I think. It's what I feel. It's about stuff. I write, you read.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Shootout Heck

We went up to Bridgeport to see a hockey game last night. The Bridgeport SoundTigers (farm team of the NY Islanders) faced off against the Lowell (Mass.) Devils, the farm team of the New Jersey Devils. Being a New Jersey fan (oh do you think!) it was a treat to see the farm team. Lowell was loaded with a lot of players who have been called up to New Jersey including Jim Fahey, Andy Greene, Barry Tallekson, Grant Marshall, Dan McGillis, and others. Also two brothers of current Jersey players, Steven Gionta, brother of Brian, and Jordan Parise, brother of Zach, play on the farm team. Steven Gionta took warm ups but was scratched from the game. Jordan was the starting goalie and did a fair job.


As in our previous two trips to the Arena at Harbor Yards, this game was decided in a shootout. UGH! I still don't like shootouts! Oh well, Bridgeport won the shootout and took the victory 4-3. It was an entertaining game with a lot of hard hitting in the 3rd period.


We had great seats about 6 rows from the ice at the blue line. $25.00 a ticket may have had something to do with the fact that the Arena was more than half empty. Hockey, and especially minor league hockey used to be a blue collar sport, but now the working man cannot afford to go to every game. I know I would go more often if I could afford it. I hope that Bridgeport draws enough fans to stay in business, but from the three games I went to, I just don't know.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home