BluePumaBlues

It's what I think. It's what I feel. It's about stuff. I write, you read.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

I'm Baack......

Ok after taking some time off I have returned to my blog. I've just finished reading a wonderful book called Fridays with Red, A Radio Friendship by Bob Edwards. Bob Edwards was the long time host of Morning Edition on National Public Radio and the Red of the title refers to Red Barber the legendary baseball announcer. Red had a four minuet segment with Bob Edwards every Friday morning for 12 years. Over that time period Red, who did the broadcast from his home in Tallahassee, Fl., and "Colonel' Bob, in Washington DC developed a strong friendship and a loyal group of listeners. The topics not only included baseball and sports , but gardening, cats and world events. I will ,as time permits, share some of Red's philosophy here on the ol' blog......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home