BluePumaBlues

It's what I think. It's what I feel. It's about stuff. I write, you read.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hockey, hockey and more Hockey

So let's go back to Saturday night...with my free preview of NHL Center Ice on our cable network we watched a portion of Hockey Day in Canada. I really loved how in Canada they honor both the past and the future of the game. We flipped between several games and wound up seeing a good match between Edmonton and Calgary. Very Cool....

Sunday we went up to Bridgeport where the Soundtigers were play the Providence Bruins. The man draw, however, was the New Haven Nighthawks reunion. The Nighthawks played in the AHL from 1972 until 1992. Among the players in attendance were Glen "Chico" Resch and Islander's great Bobby Nystrom, both of whom I had a chance to interview for a future article I working on. Chico, who also does the color commentary for the New Jersey Devil's TV broadcast, was a great interview. The man can talk!

Finally tonight was another milestone for da man... MARTY BRODEUR. The Devils beat the rangers 1-0 with Marty recording his 8Th shutout of the season and the 88Th shutout of his career. LET'S GO DEVILS !!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home