BluePumaBlues

It's what I think. It's what I feel. It's about stuff. I write, you read.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

RockStar:Supernova July 6,2006

WOW was I shocked at who got the boot from RockStar. The bottom three were Phil, Matt and of course Chris. Chris went first and quite frankly his rendition of "LA Woman" was almost as bad as his version of "Roxanne" last night. I thought that they should have shown him the door then and there and shaved a half an hour off the show. But in the spirit of fair play, Phil was up next. Again he failed to deliver a "Rock Star" performance but I felt he was safe because of Chris.

Then there was Matt. He chose Duran Duran's "Planet Earth". To me this was a bold choice and exactly what I was saying about the Rockers choosing the same songs over and over. Matt went outside of the box. And he did a great great job. In fact a friend, who is a 30 year Duran Duran fan said it was the best version of "Planet Earth" that he had ever heard. And Matt's song choice proved to be his undoing. It was not the sound that SuperNova was looking for. But looking deeper (thank to my Duran Duran friend) there is a long standing feud between Tommy Lee's Motley Crew and Duran Duran. So poor Matt chose the wrong song and now he's gone.................

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home