BluePumaBlues

It's what I think. It's what I feel. It's about stuff. I write, you read.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Rock Star: Supernova 7/5/06

Well Hockey is over so that means it must be time for the one reality show that I watch, Rock Star. Ok so last year I had something invested in the show as I was an Inxs fan. This year it's a little different as the band is a super group looking for a lead singer. SuperNova features Tommy Lee of Motley Crew, Gilby Clark of Guns and Roses and Justin Newstead of Metellica. Not exactly my cup of tea, but heck I'll watch anyway. So here are some thoughts after night one:

THE VIBE: The same theater, the same hosts, David Navarro and Brooke Burke,and the always excellent House Band, have lead to a very comfortable and familiar feeling to the show. SuperNova sits in the same chairs and passes judgment on the Rockers. So far so good....

The Rockers: Well, after one show, and keep in mind I am an INXS fan, I have to say that this group is NOT as talented as the first show. Now it takes some time to thin the heard, but I recall that some of the singers in the INXS show stood out from day one. Not so tonight.....

Song Selection: Why, oh Why, do the women always trot out Janis Joplin and Melissa Etheridge? In fact many of the songs by both the men and the women were repeated from the first series. There aren't enough songs out there in the world? Oh well it makes for good TV, I guess.....

Losers: My first prediction and it may be a lock: Bye Bye Chris from Atlanta. The word butcher describes his take on the Police classic Roxanne......

and Winners: I liked the Aussie Surfer dude, Toby (Knocking on Heaven's Door). And the gal from South Africa, Dilana scared the bejabbers out of everyone, including Tommy Lee.......

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home