BluePumaBlues

It's what I think. It's what I feel. It's about stuff. I write, you read.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Weekend Off..................

Ah yes one of the perks of my job. Every six weeks we get Friday (as the last day of a postal week) and Saturday (as the first day of the next week) off with our rotating days off deal. Now if we could just hire enough people to make sure the routes were all covered, I may actually be able to enjoy myself and not worry about the phone ringing. (Sidebar: We just did hire one person. The bad news is she's in the National Guard and won't be available one weekend every month and two weeks in the summer during prime time vacation. D'Oh!)

The weather here has been horrid and it is affecting my health. My arthritis is bothering my joints, especially in my hands and knees like it never has before. See, we go to Florida every year around mid-March, so that when we get home it's supposed to be spring. But not this year. We've had cold, rainy days, and even some snow on Wednesday Yikes. Had to leave the bicycle in the barn all week. Oh well it may start warming up on Sunday, but it has just started raining again. I think I've used more heating oil in the last two weeks than I did all winter........

The down side of having a weekend off is the dreaded six day week, Monday thru Saturday. Oh well...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home